I’ve found that affirmations are more than just a collection of words, they’re powerful tools in reprogramming what we think, thus what we feel. When I’m having one of those days in which my mind is telling me I can’t do something, I have to intentionally remind myself of who I am. The easiest way for me to do so is by using affirmations. Silently or right above a whisper, I recite things like “Vee, you can do this because you were already given the tools to”. As a result, I PROCEED TO DO THAT THING! Affirming throughout the day has benefitted me greatly in my adulting journey. I think of it as having a powerful inside voice that combats against the b.s. that we subconsciously accept about ourselves. Affirming gives a clear mental picture of the optimal version of who we see ourselves as and it AFFIRMS that we ARE what we believe. The things we tell ourselves have the power to break or build us. And while no one is positive or nourishing to themselves ALL the time, learning to speak LIFE over yourself is worth the work.
Personally, I like to start my mornings off with either a good cup of coffee or a strong cup of tea (I’ve recently made a switch to organic coffee and its my favorite). And while indulging in my choice of happiness in a cup, I begin my affirmation ritual. These are 10 of my personal affirmations that I use. Feel free to use them in any capacity you may need. Take out 5-10 minutes for yourself to really get inside yourself and practice BELIEVING these good things. You can say them aloud or silently, either way, I hope you enjoy! Happy positive thinking and life transformations! 🙂
- I have all the drive, momentum, and strength I need to get through this day.
- I look good, I feel good, I’ll always be GOOD.
- I trust myself to make good decisions. I forgive myself for bad ones.
- I’m grateful for my life!
- What I bring to the table is unique and it matters.
- I’m healthy and I’m confident. There is no stopping me.
- I am a woman who knows what she wants.
- Money will never pass me up because I am the opportunity!
- I love me more than anyone else!
- I release all negativity and embrace nothing but positivity.